Forum

Thing - The cloud

July 1st, 2021 by Freddie Category: All 23 Things, Communication and collaboration, Emerging technology, Life online, Productivity

When you’re like me and you’re always on the move, you can’t be carrying all your stuff everywhere with you! Throughout my travels, I’ve lost countless USBs, crushed too many hard drives, and gotten sand where it definitely shouldn’t be, destroying hours of work and art!

Now with this new Cloud technology, all my worries of my stuff going permanently walkabout are gone! No more losing my laptop and my entire catalogue in the middle of Berlin, or having to wait eons to hand a drive of work to someone only to have it be corrupted!!!! I can simply upload music from the middle of wherever the heck I am, then have my mate across the globe do all the edits in a flash!

I’m keen to get all sorts of collaboration going, so add your words to this community story I’m throwing together!

I was a little concerned about the safety of it all – I don’t really want my magnum opus being revealed to the world if I get hacked (again!) – but if I have a strong password, it’s all good. With all this fancy tech, it really is all coming up Freddie!!

Send me to space already! Maybe there’s life on Mars? Who knows! But I’ll upload my space stuff to the Cloud, throw it back to Earth, and we can get the very first intergalactic collab happening.

post by Freddie