Forum

Thing - Internet of things

July 1st, 2021 by Freddie Category: All 23 Things, Emerging technology, IT Proficiency

You know this fandangled world we’re living in where everything’s some sort of automated robot android thing? Well, I’m here to drop some piping hot tea on ya……….. it’s ALL CONNECTED! My fridge, your phone, the dog’s collar, you name it!

I’m sure you’ve heard that all roads lead to Rome, well this is much the same!!!!! With the Internet of Things, the toaster in your kitchen is chatting up the lights in the garage. You can use your phone to control your entire house! Now I may be exaggerating (or am I…?) but this thing called the Internet of Things is a marvel that is changing life as we know it!!

What’s exciting is this whole smart city thing. With the Internet of Things, we’re really dreaming up eco-friendly, accessible and futuristic looking cities, and it’s got me real excited for the possibilities. Just check out this smart city concept in Japan! Yowza, that’s bonkers (in the best way)!

Don’t forget, we have to think smart and critical, and keep some potential IoT challenges in mind.

Now this… it’s all a lot. I’d say ‘Poor Fred, it’s gonna leave ya behind’, but nothing’s leaving lil ol’ me behind! I have a smart watch to keep me awake, alert and right on task, and I can control the lights in my house from outside the house! Nothing can take me down!!!!!

post by Freddie