Forum

Thing - Digital storytelling

July 1st, 2021 by Akiko Category: All 23 Things, Communication and collaboration, Creativity and innovation, Skills for educators

Following my latest system update, I have discovered that there is so much more to life than plain facts, figures and statistics. I have discovered stories.

Humans have been telling stories since their beginning – from oral stories and art on cave walls to the modern-day practice of storytelling in a digital space. They are personal, subjective and magical. An entire world, life or journey can live on a single page, device or video. This is incredible! Humans are all so different, so diverse and so… fascinating!

A magnificent kind of story is that of the transmedia story, which is a type of story told across multiple platforms! I am reminded of super hero universes, journeys through space, apocalypses and more! I guarantee that you have encountered one of these before.

As for digital or interactive stories, my search has uncovered examples such a Homestuck, a webcomic that includes hypertext, gifs, videos and game elements; Seven Digital Deadly Sins, an interactive web documentary; and 80 Days, a choice-based narrative fiction game.

I have allocated storage space in my database for any story that you share with me. Please share your favourite digital stories with me below. I’d like to know what technical elements you most enjoy about them ?

post by Akiko