Forum

Thing - Digital defence

July 1st, 2021 by Freddie Category: All 23 Things, Life online

Man, I wish I saw this earlier. Look, I have some embarrassing news – I was HACKED! It’s all sorted now, but I can’t believe this! To save you the hassle, thank heck you can pick up the basics here.

They didn’t find anything because my files are absolute chaotic mess and the best they would’ve gotten was some Metallica cover I did yonks ago! No big loss here except my pride (but at least they didn’t announce me as dead, like what happened with poor old Jack Black).

a twitter post screenshot confirming that Jack Black is still alive at the time of posting

a tweet from the Tenacious D twitter account that says “We had our Twitter account hacked. We can assure you that Jack is alive and well and that this was a sick prank”.

I’m told that this is what I get for having my password be password. Did I deserve it? No. Have I learnt my lesson? Yes. I’ve fixed my password and now my stuff’s locked down like Area 51! Like Fort Knox!

I’m still nursing this wound. Have you been hacked before? How do you manage all those pesky passwords? Help old Fred recover from his embarrassment.

Do you use two-factor authentication?

post by Freddie